Composite fillings are basically used to repair and restore a tooth that is decayed, repaired, damaged or fractured and also for cosmetic enhancement. These composites are types of synthetic resins used as a restorative material or as a adhesive in dentistry. As composite fillings are tooth colored they can be matched easily to the colour of the existing teeth. Composite fillings are typically made up of powdered glass and acrylic resin and these offer a few advantages over amalgam mostly for aesthetic smile. Teeth can be filled with fillings like gold, silver, porcelain and tooth coloured plastic.
Anterior composites are fillings done on the anterior teeth, which includes the central and lateral incisors and canines of both the arches depending on where the filling has to be done.
Procedure For Anterior Composite Filling
1. The decayed tooth is first prepared by removing the decayed part and cleaned.
2. A special bonding agent is applied to the cavity which is responsible for the binding of the filling to the tooth structure.
3. The dentist then applies the matched filling to the prepared area and shapes it to match the natural shape of the tooth.
4. The filling is solidified by using the curing light.
5. The dentist will polish the cured tooth for a smooth and give it a finished similar look to the rest of your tooth.
Posterior composites are fillings done on the posterior teeth which includes the molars and the premolars of both the arches depending on where the filling has to be done.
Procedure For Posterior Composite Filling
1. Similar to the anterior composite filling the decay is removed and prepared.
2. A bonding fluid is applied for the filing to attach to the tooth structure.
3. Then the dentist fills the cavity with the composite filling and shapes it to match the natural shape of the tooth.
4. The shaped composite filling is hardened using a curing light and smoothed and polished at the end to give it a finished look.
Benefites of Anterior and Posterior Composites
1. Composite fillings are the best when it comes to repairing a small cavity or a hole in the tooth due to decay, fracture or damage.
2. It produces an aesthetic restoration and is used mostly in restorative and cosmetic dentistry.
3. Composite fillings have a good colour stablility and polish for a very long time.
4. They withstand abrasions and damage and are very long lasting and aesthetically pleasing.
Reasons to Visit Pearl32 Dental Spa
If you are suffering from tooth decay, damage or fracture, then please visit us at any of Pearl32 Dental Spa clinics branches located in three different locations, Alwarthirunagar, Saligramam and Anna Nagar to consult with any of our highly trained and experienced dentists in Chennai.
Apart from providing world-class services, our dentists are very approachable and the prices are affordable. Come and visit Pearl32 Dental Spa for your next dental checkup and leave our clinics with brighter smile and stronger teeth.