Crown lengthening and CT grafting are completely two different procedures. To gain a better understanding about both the procedures let us take a brief look into it.
It is a procedure which is performed in cases where there is excessive gum tissue thereby making the teeth appear short. It is a restorative procedure done when the teeth appear relatively short or as a repairing procedure when the tooth gets injured. It can be done on a single tooth or multiple teeth at the same time.
- After examination, our dentists determine the amount of gum that is to be removed to maintain a proper ration between teeth and the gum.
- After local anesthesia is given, a small sequence of cuts is made around the gingival tissue to spare it from the teeth
- Excessive care is taken to not harm the roots of the teeth or papilla
- In certain cases, a small amount of excessive bone might also have to be moved depending on the size of the crown
- Sutures are made and the wound washed with sterile water to prevent any infections
- Aftercare instructions and follow up appointments are given to the patient by our dental surgeons
It is a procedure which is performed to safeguard the teeth from gum recession. It is a case where the gingival tissue starts receding and the roots of the teeth start to weaken. Apart from making the teeth appear long and affecting the aesthetics, the other problems include sensitivity and damage to the bone. It is better if this issue is treated at the earliest possible stage as soon as it is detected.
- Initially after examination, and other tests, the dentist decides on the teeth that require grafting.
- After the application of local anesthesia, depending upon the type of grafting to be done, the tissue is removed.
- The tissue can be collected after removing the upper palate of the mouth by making the flap or from the neighboring teeth in cases where there is excessive gingival tissue.
- If required, sutures are made after which the mouth is washed with sterile water to act as a disinfectant for the wound
- Special instructions regarding diet and care also the follow up appointments are given by the dental surgeon.
Both the Crown lengthening and the CT Grafting procedures are performed by the best aesthetic dental surgeons in Chennai at Pearl32DentalSpa.
We can assure you that we provide you the best dental services at a very nominal price without pinching your pockets, all this in addition to the pleasant, relaxing and hygienic environment.
Do visit any of our branches at Alwarthirunagar, Anna Nagar or Saligramam to avail our dental services in a painless manner for better and stronger teeth.