Porcelain composites inlays and on lays are basically fillings of porcelain done to restore the damaged teeth and increasing its strength. Inlays are basically the fillings which are used inside the cusps of the teeth and the fillings are prepared the laboratory whereas the onlays are mostly done during a major reconstruction of the teeth. The fillings extend from inside the cusps of the tooth to both the sides. It may extend to two or more teeth too in certain cases which require a lot of restoration. Onlays are also known as partial crowns.
When Are Porcelain /Composite Inlays / Onlays Done?
- The porcelain composite inlays or outlays fillings are done for the patients suffering from the following
- High level of dental erosion due to the dental cavity
- Following poor level of dental hygiene
- Very low level of teeth tissue or other periodontal diseases
- Discoloration of teeth
Why Are Porcelain Composites Preferred
- Porcelain fillings do not contract or expand when exposed to hot and cold as opposed to the metal fillings, which allows the pathway to bacteria which in turn leads to a cavity.
- It has high compatibility with the gums and does not allow any allergic reactions to occur
- They have a very good bonding with the teeth enamel thereby not allowing any cracks or leakages
- They are highly durable and last for a very long time.
- They give excellent aesthetic results as they are very good for matching with the colour of rest of the teeth.
- Our dentists examine the teeth and identify the teeth which require the filling and assess if it requires inlay or onlay or both based on the level of damage and the restoration required.
- Taking an impression of the teeth with the mould as a measure for the filling to be made in the teeth
- Once the filling is ready it is cemented in and then let dry by passing through a special light for quicker and stronger bonding with the teeth
- Post-procedure care and maintenance guidelines will be informed by the dentist
Pearl32 Dental Spa which houses many highly educated and qualified dental surgeons are highly specialized in carrying out the porcelain composites inlays and outlays service. The procedure is done with absolutely no pain and very quick treatment time keeping in mind the patient’s comfort.
Do visit any of our clinics at Alwarthirunagar, AnnaNagar, and Saligramam to avail all dental services at a pocket-friendly low-cost price in a very pleasing ambiance by experienced dental surgeons.